Saturday, September 26, 2009

Smash House and Other Helpful Games to Play

Smash House! It's a place I go when I am ready to jump out of my skin with angst. I smash dishes and shove TV's out the 3rd story window. I knock out walls with a sledge hammer and make fire-wood out of the chairs with my chainsaw. I sing my ditty: Smash House! It cheers me up every time. Smash vividly and there is no mess to clean.

Use the 'Squish Test' when people puzzle you and you can't figure out from whence they come. The Squish Test: Grab your enigma and squeeze. Squeeze as hard as you can and then some, until you see what comes out. If it's dust and ashes, the promises are empty. If it is an oily goo, you should probably run.

'About Face!' This is the name of the game when you have to change your direction rather abruptly. For example, I worked hard to get my college degree. I did well in school. But when I actually tried to teach: About Face!
I waited tables, a job much more suitable to Gypsy jugglers. It may look frivolous to the outside world, but I think the 'About Face' is crucial for survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment